Monday 5 September 2011

Yay September!

I love September. With the kids back to school (sorry, I had to mention them, they take up a large part of the summer), it feels like a brand new start, even more so than New Year or spring. I worked in a college for a very long time, so I have a feeling that the September feeling will always be with me.

Because of this new start feeling, I've given my blog an overhaul. I hope you like it. If the contrasts give you a headache, let me know and I'll change it.

I've got my usual September list of things to do, both around the house and writing-wise. I'll focus on the writing stuff here, because I'm sure you don't want to read about my front garden issues!

- I finally got around the submitting a short story to a magazine. Just the one, but it's a start. I'm currently revising another two to send out, hopefully by the end of September. I also want to research new markets, and I'm looking at international markets as well as British.

- I've just had feedback from one reader on my novel, and the manuscript is now in the hands of another... cue more nailbiting! Although, having spent four months writing it, it's quite nice not to have to look at it for a while.

- I've got an idea for something, but it's so small, so sketchy at the moment, I can't even decide whether it's a short story or something longer. I've had the first couple of paragraphs written down on the pad beside my bed for a couple of weeks. I keep re-reading it, but nothing else is following just yet.

- I'm going to have a back massage and facial next week. I'd love the luxury of being able to do this more often, but at the moment it's definitely just a huge treat. It's kind of a writing thing - honest!- my mind doesn't relax during massages, it works overtime. I ought to take my pad and pencil with me.

I hope everyone else is feeling as motivated and ready to work as me. It's a great feeling having too much to do, isn't it?


3 comments:

  1. I love the new blog. It seems so...clean!

    And September is my new year too :-) It also helps that Autumn is my favourite time of year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the new look!

    Sadly, I'm feeling the opposite effect. Not having to go back to school it still feels like summer and I'm spending a lot of time catching up on TV shows rather than writing. :/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sarah - the word 'clean' made me giggle. It's how my aunt used to judge whether she liked an area or not.

    Jenny - watching TV can be, almost considered research, can it not? Maybe not when watching my current favourite, Homes Under the Hammer, but - you know - proper programmes!

    ReplyDelete

Please comment - I love a good chat!

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.